Performs distortion using a hyperbolic tangent function. dist has the following arguments:
- input: input signal to be distorted
- pregrain: gain applied before waveshaping
- postgain: gain applied after waveshaping
- shape1: shape of the positive part of the signal a value of 0 is a flat clip
- shape2: shape of the negative part of the signal. a value of 0 is a flat clip
The following patch demonstrates how dist can be used with diode to create a squelchy bass sound.
# generate a saw wave 100 1 saw # LFO scaled for cutoff frequency sweep 0.1 1 sine 300 3000 biscale # diode with high resonance 0.9 diode # distortion with dist 5 0.5 0.01 0.9 dist